Did you know that Muffin was my nickname as a little girl? I think it was my Dad who called me that as apparently I couldn’t say Samantha properly and it came out something like “Muffind”! Or maybe I was like Muffin the Mule, haha! Whatever the reason, I love baking muffins even though it’s been a while since I’ve actually made any! Maybe I should make them weekly and we can have our own Muffin Mondays!
There are actually three different types of Muffins listed on the #100bakeschallenge: Raspberry and White Chocolate, Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins. So I decided to scratch one off the list this week and take the Muffins as part of my contribution to our local Village Hall Coffee Morning! I would normally use white chocolate chopped up into tiny squares or a bag of white chocolate chips as well as fresh raspberries in my muffins. But at half term week, I was in Lakeland with my friend and spotted a couple of pouches of Cake Angels Raspberry and White Chocolate Posh Cake Toppers. They also do a Salted Caramel Fudge and Brownie one but I thought that the Raspberry and White Chocolate one would be perfect for my muffins.
These were baked on Friday 18th March which was also Comic Relief/ Red Nose Day. I hadn’t realised the coincidence when I got out my cake cases. These cake cases come in a pack from Asda and also have blue and purple spotty ones as well.
RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
You will need a 12 hole muffin tin and 12 cupcake cases
325g plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g light brown soft sugar
50g porridge oats
100ml full fat milk
100g full fat natural yoghurt
75ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet Cake Angels Posh Cake Topping (Raspberry and White Chocolate)
50g white chocolate (for decorating)
- Weigh out and put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- In a large jug, measure out the sunflower oil, the beaten eggs, the milk, the vanilla extract and the natural yoghurt. Mix to combine.
- Pour into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and fold in carefully to combine.
- Finally, add the pouch of Cake Angels Posh Cake Toppers.
- Spoon the mixture carefully into each muffin case. They should be about 3/4 full as you want them to rise over and spill out!
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and after 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- While the muffins are cooling down completely, melt the white chocolate. I do mine in the microwave in short bursts. Pour the melted chocolate into a piping back with the tip snipped off. Drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the muffins and leave to set.
Love Sam xx