It’s now the start of a busy recipe testing time for me in the SmartCookieSam kitchen. I’m so excited when it comes up to Easter as there are all these yummy chocolate eggs and other Easter treats around! The temptation is so real.
The other day my son saw my secret stash of Easter treats hidden away in a bag in my baking cupboard. My Mum said his eyes lit up! Hope he didn’t notice the extra treats that were from the Easter Bunny! I know how he feels. I can hoover up Cadbury’s Mini Eggs like they’re going out of fashion. So that’s why they’re hidden from view!
For the first of my Easter recipes, I’m sharing my favourite chocolate crispie traybake recipe decorated with melted white chocolate and White Malteser Bunnies. I absolutely adore Maltesers and the bunnies are just so cute. They were so simple to make, especially as it’s a no bake cake. I find these sorts of sweet treats the best, especially if you are strapped for time. What’s more, is this recipe is so versatile, you could swap any white chocolate in for the bunnies. I think this recipe would work well with Mini Eggs or even Milky Bar Eggs, too.
Not only is this great for adults to make but a lovely recipe you could make with kids!
So read on for the recipe!
Don’t like white chocolate? Simply add 300g melted dark or milk chocolate to the topping instead of the white chocolate and use the regular Malteser Bunnies. You could also use Coco Pops instead of Rice Krispies.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MALTESER BUNNY RICE KRISPIE TRAYBAKE
Makes 15 pieces.
You will need a 23cm/9” square loose bottomed baking tin, lined with baking parchment.
- 75 gButter
- 150g Caster or Granulated sugar
- A 397g can of condensed milk
- 125g Rice Krispies
- 300g good quality white chocolate
- 15 mini Malteser bunnies (this works out at three packs)
- Weigh out the butter, granulated sugar, and condensed milk into a small saucepan or a heatproof microwavable bowl. Heat gently on your hob until the mixture is melted. If you are using the microwave, heat until melted in 20 second bursts.
- Pour the melted mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the Rice Krispies until coated evenly.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin ensuring it is level and even and in all four corners. I do this with a back of a teaspoon or a potato masher!
- Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours until firm.
- Melt the white chocolate either on the hob in a heatproof glass bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave on 20 second bursts.
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of the Rice Krispie mixture making sure it is even.
- Unwrap the Malteser bunnies and put them at regular intervals on top of the melted chocolate mixture. Do this straightaway before the chocolate starts to set.
- Put back in the fridge for another half an hour until set.
- Cut into 15 equal pieces.
- Keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days (if they last that long!
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Do let me know what you think of it and if you have tried it.
Love Sam xx